Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Monday, August 22, 2011

My Boy

Ok people, we're getting personal today.  Ok not really, but I just have to show you the love of my life! 
Riley!!!  Aka Riley Roo, Riley, Bubby, and "The Boy."

Hard to believe my boy is 6 1/2 years old!  
We got him in St. Louis, just a few months after princess Murphy passed away.  (She was my mom's favorite dog ever!)  We were in St. Louis for Easter, and we were going to look at schnoodles on the drive back to Denver, but we decided to go to this other place.  I instantly fell in love with this calm, precious, teddy bear looking boy!  Little did we know that was not the way he would be when we got him home.
My mom has hated him ever since.  Mainly because he is the same type of dog as Murphy (Wheaten Terrier) with a completely different personality.  The poor guy can't help himself though.  Thanks to bad breeding, he is "special."  We're convinced he has OCD and ADHD, which he takes medicine for.  This means he has tons of energy, and goes crazy when someone comes to the door!  Some days it can drive you crazy, but most days you can't help but laugh.
As much as my mom has threatened to get rid of him, she never would because of all of his problems.  He also has very sensitive skin, and a sensitive stomach.
When I was home a few weeks ago, I noticed he was looking a little chubby.  My mom took him to the vet (see, she really does love the little guy) and we found out he has a thyroid problem!  So now, more medication.
He can be a terror sometimes, but mainly he's just my boy.  Lovable, hilarious, and a sweetheart.  

This is Riley in my room at my parent's house.  He's taken over since I moved out!  I would have him, but my apartment doesn't allow dogs. 

"The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog."


0 comments: