Well boys and girls... I know it's supposed to be Awkward and Awesome Thursdays, but my life is way to hectic these days to be that organized so we're going to do a special addition of A & A. I've been getting some requests AND I have encountered some awkward stuff lately!
- The other day I went to Walgreens for a couple of things, one of them being bread. Everyone needs bread now and then right? Well, don't go to Walgreens because they don't have any! Apparently their vendor (I'm guessing Wonderbread) went out of business and they haven't found a new one yet. Um hello! It's bread. Kind of a staple for most Americans. Work on that.
- For those who haven't read my latest blog post I'm in hair school at Paul Mitchell. Well, the other day this guy came in for a haircut and I realized I went to Mesa State with him. Fine, whatever, no big deal. He leaves, and then two minutes later comes back in and asks the front desk to speak with Lisa* (who is one of our teachers). 20-25 minutes go by and finally Lindsay comes down to talk to him (yes, he waited that long at the front). Well, if things aren't awkward enough, he realizes oops, you're not the one I wanted to talk to. Then they realize he meant my teacher Kim*. Everyone tells Kim, but by the time she makes it down he has already left. But wait, there's more! One of the students went to high school with him and had his number. Naturally, she texted him to pass along Kim's number. Kim and awkward boy went out. They had pizza. The end.
- I'm new at this whole washing someone else's hair thing. Let's throw color into the mix and it's not easy to get out. I washed someone's hair yesterday and then the girl who was actually cutting her hair had to re-wash it. Oops!
- We played "Fear Factor" at school the other day. They blindfolded us and one of the things they did was have us eat different things. One thing was shredded cheese, and let me tell you something, it's a very creepy sensation. We all thought it was some sort of creepy crawler and we all screamed. Try it sometime! But you can't know that it's coming.
- I'm engaged!!! Blog post with all the details to follow, but we've been engaged for almost two weeks and we're very happy!
- Paul Mitchell is coming out with a dry shampoo. I love Paul Mitchell products and dry shampoo is awesome, so I'm super stoked to see what there's is like.
- Brownies and Desperate Housewives. Sometimes girl time by myself is just what the doctor ordered.
- Rekindling friendships. So happy to have a great friend back in my life!
- Next week I can start taking clients at school. I'm at Paul Mitchell The School Denver so you should come get your hair did! 303-233-1733 Tuesdays-Saturdays
- Baby Gangnam Style. 'Nough said!