Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Posted by Kara at 7:49 PM
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Well boys and girls... I know it's supposed to be Awkward and Awesome Thursdays, but my life is way to hectic these days to be that organized so we're going to do a special addition of A & A. I've been getting some requests AND I have encountered some awkward stuff lately!
- The other day I went to Walgreens for a couple of things, one of them being bread. Everyone needs bread now and then right? Well, don't go to Walgreens because they don't have any! Apparently their vendor (I'm guessing Wonderbread) went out of business and they haven't found a new one yet. Um hello! It's bread. Kind of a staple for most Americans. Work on that.
- For those who haven't read my latest blog post I'm in hair school at Paul Mitchell. Well, the other day this guy came in for a haircut and I realized I went to Mesa State with him. Fine, whatever, no big deal. He leaves, and then two minutes later comes back in and asks the front desk to speak with Lisa* (who is one of our teachers). 20-25 minutes go by and finally Lindsay comes down to talk to him (yes, he waited that long at the front). Well, if things aren't awkward enough, he realizes oops, you're not the one I wanted to talk to. Then they realize he meant my teacher Kim*. Everyone tells Kim, but by the time she makes it down he has already left. But wait, there's more! One of the students went to high school with him and had his number. Naturally, she texted him to pass along Kim's number. Kim and awkward boy went out. They had pizza. The end.
- I'm new at this whole washing someone else's hair thing. Let's throw color into the mix and it's not easy to get out. I washed someone's hair yesterday and then the girl who was actually cutting her hair had to re-wash it. Oops!
- We played "Fear Factor" at school the other day. They blindfolded us and one of the things they did was have us eat different things. One thing was shredded cheese, and let me tell you something, it's a very creepy sensation. We all thought it was some sort of creepy crawler and we all screamed. Try it sometime! But you can't know that it's coming.
- I'm engaged!!! Blog post with all the details to follow, but we've been engaged for almost two weeks and we're very happy!
- Paul Mitchell is coming out with a dry shampoo. I love Paul Mitchell products and dry shampoo is awesome, so I'm super stoked to see what there's is like.
- Brownies and Desperate Housewives. Sometimes girl time by myself is just what the doctor ordered.
- Rekindling friendships. So happy to have a great friend back in my life!
- Next week I can start taking clients at school. I'm at Paul Mitchell The School Denver so you should come get your hair did! 303-233-1733 Tuesdays-Saturdays
- Baby Gangnam Style. 'Nough said!
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Well hello again. Sorry for the hiatus. 2012 was one heck of a year and blogging took a backseat for awhile. 2012 definitely brought me the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. I fell madly in love while the two people most dear to me fell out of love, and without Edward I don't know how I would have made it through that. So I want to say thank you and I love you to the love of my life. You have brought so much joy to my life and I can't imagine my life without you.
This year I also finished my first semester of grad school, coached the Cherry Creek girls tennis team (helping them win their 16th consecutive state title), interviewed for my dream job (and didn't get it), and took a leap of faith by enrolling in cosmetology school.
Since I was a little girl I've always dreamed of being a hair stylist, but for whatever reason I never went after that dream. This year I did a lot of soul searching and realized that the business world would probably never make me truly happy. But now, each morning I wake up so excited to go to school. We've already learned all the basics of color, styling, cutting, and facials and it's so fun and interesting. I've also met a great group of people who can always put a smile on my face.
Overall, I would say 2012 was a pretty good year and I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for me!
Friday, February 24, 2012
Thursday, February 23, 2012
- Woke up to 8 or so inches of snow this morning. My dad, aka Snow Removal Master is out of town. Have I ever used a snow blower today? Nope. Was it harder than I thought? Yep. Was I successful? Absolutely not. At least the sidewalk looks good so no one can sue us if they fall.
- I was out in Boulder the other night and came across some black ice. I basically slid into an epic fall. If you're gonna go down, at least make it graceful right?
- There is this really cute guy that's always on the light rail with me. Unfortunately, his cuteness went down about 2 points when I saw him wearing white socks with black dress pants and black shoes. You're not Michael Jackson.
- The other day my friend and I decided to sprint 2 blocks to catch the light rail so we wouldn't have to wait 15 minutes for another one. I know, God forbid we wait a few minutes. Anyway, I thought I was in pretty decent shape. Nope. My lungs were on FIRE! Time to hit the gym...
- After work a friend and I went to get a drink. I look across from me and see this guy that I had gone out with a couple times sitting with his new girlfriend. He then proceeded to chug the remaining half of his beer and sprinted out of the place. Who knew I had that much power?
- Running right into a chair in front of a decent amount of people. I always thought I was pretty coordinated, but the more I think about it, the more I think I'm just kidding myself.
- Next week I start coaching high school tennis and couldn't be more excited. Even though I never really *loved* playing tennis, I have always loved coaching and getting to know the girls.
- Chocolate covered Oreos. Nothing comes close!
- It's guilty pleasure season in the television department. Khloe and Lamar, Bethenny Ever After, and Basketball Wives. Now if only I had time to watch them.
- I get to watch the Oscars this weekend! I thought I was going to be busy, but my schedule opened up. I'm a dork and love the Academy Awards and seeing all the fashion.
- Something in my life recently played out in a way that tells me the universe just knew it was time for me to move on to the next chapter of my life. Weird how things truly happen for a reason even if it maybe what you had planned.
Thursday, February 9, 2012
- This week I turned 24 and along the way, suffered a "quarter-life crisis" made much worse by the fact that I've pulled muscles this week I didn't even know existed. If that's what it means to get older, I surrender!
- Over the weekend we had a big snow storm. I had to go into work and thought my Camry could get me there. Nope, got it stuck in the culdasac for all the neighbors to see. My dad took me to work, before having to come get me 20 minutes later because they decided to close. When we pulled into the culdasac, he proceeded to get his AWD car stuck as well. Look at those crazy Killenbergs going out in a snowstorm! We ended up with about 2 feet of snow.
- Falling down the stairs. Doesn't get much more awkward than that. Luckily it was at my house, but didn't go unnoticed. This was definitely the cherry on top of my quarter life crisis.
- The fact that I am most productive in my pajams. As soon as I shower and look presentable, all productivity goes out the door. For whatever reason I feel like I owe it to the world to venture outside. So until further notice, I'll be living in PJs.
- Shaun White Stride gum. It's awkward be cause a) Shaun White's face is on a pack of gum and b) it took me 2 hours to figure out the connection between the flavor "White Mint." Master's student right here!
- Over the weekend my parents took me to dinner to celebrate my birthday. We went to one of my favorite places, The 9th Door. I love it because it's a Spanish restaurant so I get to eat all the things I miss from Spain like patatas bravas, jamon serrano, Manchego cheese, tortilla espanola, and tinto de verrano.
- Yoga. There is seriously nothing more relaxing!
- The Fray's new cd Scars and Stories is fantastic. Did I expect anything less? Never!
- I picked up this great clutch from the Jason Wu for Target collection. I've heard stories about his collection selling out in 7 minutes, but my Target still had lots of items.
- The Voice is back! I have never been a fan of singing shows until this one.
- All of my friends that came out on Tuesday to help me celebrate my birthday. It meant so much to me!
Monday, February 6, 2012
Congrats to the WOLRD CHAMPION New York Giants. I didn't really care too much about this year's Super Bowl, other than I did NOT want the Patriots to win. Maybe because the knocked the Broncos out of the playoffs, or I'm just over Tom Brady.
Saturday, February 4, 2012
Posted by Kara at 5:00 PM
Friday, February 3, 2012
There is something so great about long sleeve mini dresses. They can be classy, yet sexy. They can be cute and flirty when paired with tights.
Thursday, February 2, 2012
- I'm waiting in a very long line at the post office and this girl about my age goes up to the counter and hands the guy her package and says Thanks, have a good one. The guy behind the counter is all sorts of confused. Girlfriend didn't know you have to pay for the post office to send your package. Sorry, but how do you get to be 24 years old and not know this. It ends with her having to run out to her car to get her purse, making us wait in line even longer. Side note, pretty sure she was an old friend of mine in elementary school, but wasn't sure and didn't want to fraternize with her after her mail debacle.
- When you say Thank you, Have a great day to someone as they're leaving and they totally ignore you and walk out. Great, yup, talking to myself.
- Spending a Saturday night reading "Rafa" in my VAMOS RAFA t-shirt, waiting for his match to begin at 1:30 a.m. Clearly I'm an old lady sometimes. I didn't even stay awake til the match.
- Once in awhile I go crazy and wear bright red lipstick. Yesterday was one of those days. I went to Target, bought a couple things, the usual. Got into my car, looked in the rearview mirror and realized I had lipstick on my teeth. See, told ya I'm an old lady sometimes!
- I love when I see people running to catch the Light Rail, even though the train is just chilling because it's not going to leave for another 4 minutes. But then I get paranoid myself and think, oh my gosh, what if it leaves me? So then I start power walking to catch the train, which chills for another 3 minutes.
- Watching Riley's paws twitch when he's sleeping. I have this idea in my head that he's romping around a field. Do dogs dream?
- Feeling like a real "city girl" walking through the Theater District on my way to school. Some of those buildings are beautiful and for a moment, I feel like I'm in New York City. But clearly a much quieter and cleaner NYC.
- Finally enjoying tennis again! After my college tennis days I quit for a couple years because I didn't enjoy it anymore. Picked up my racket (and some sweet, new, black and pink Babolat shoes) and I'm loving it again. Now I just need to get back in shape.