Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Friday, August 12, 2011

Fashion Friday - Color Blocking

I'm gonna be honest with you all, this trend scares me a little bit.  Like I've said before, I'm not one for color.  My idea of a great outfit is jeans, tank and a black blazer.  I think there are several reasons why I'm scared of color blocking.


1. It's something that will get you noticed!  Sure, that's what fashion is all about.  But when you live in a town that gives you weird looks for wearing jeans and heel, this trend might be a bit much.  (I'm working on the whole concept of wearing what I like and not caring what people say or do).  

2. I would be worried about choosing colors that go together.  Color just isn't my thing!  

For people that are scared of putting together a "color blocking outfit" (like myself), the best places to start would be with a dress or a pair of shoes.  The work has already been done for you.  

Another way to put together an outfit would be to check the internet and see what the fashion world is doing.  I've found that pink and red are popular (personally, I think it looks weird), purple and orange are big, orange and pink work well together, green and purple.  

Here are some "inspiration" pictures!





Ultimately, color blocking is a trend that works for people that wanna wear their clothes, not have the clothes wear them.  The more confidence you have in your clothes, the more put together and fashion conscious you look! 


I'm so inspired by these Louboutins I'm think I'm gonna try teal shorts with a yellow tank top tomorrow!  My friends won't know what hit them! 
Oh what I would do for these shoes! Or any Louboutins for that matter!

0 comments: