Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Baby I was born this way...

...or maybe not!

Last month, my friends had a "Halloween in July" party.  Don't ask me how the idea started cause I have no idea.  It is what it is.  A couple months prior, my same friends told me I look like Lady Gaga in her "Paparazzi" video. I don't see it, but I decided to go with it.

I thought the best route to go would be a leotard and some fishnets, but after careful consideration, thought that might be a bit much since it wasn't actually Halloween.  2 days before the party I had nothing to wear!  My back up costume was my Michael Jackson costume, but recycling costumes is no fun.  I googled Lady Gaga and came up with a costume that was outrageous if you're going to the grocery store, but not too crazy that I would fee uncomfortable!

When I got to the party, their house was decorated to the extreme (again, considering the fact that it's July) with blown up Frankenstein dolls, cobwebs, etc.

The best part of the party was when we needed to run to the liquor store for beer.  As you know, I work with the beer industry so naturally, all the liquor stores know me.  I took 2 friends with me, and it was so much fun.  We got a lot of attention (obviously), especially when we would say "Happy Halloween."  One lady at the store said to the guy working there, "But it's July."  She just didn't get it.  And I still don't really get it, but either way, Happy Halloween!



Blazer: Target, Bedazzled bra: thrifted, Leggings: Target (and then I cut them up), Shoes:Target

What do you think?  Do I pull off the Lady Gaga look??

0 comments: