Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Fashion Friday - High waist jeans

Ok, ok so I know it's Saturday and I'm a day late, but better late than never right?  High waist jeans are "on-trend" right now and I think they are so fun.  Whenever certain trends come back around, my mom always says something like, "That's what I was wearing when I was your age."  Since this is such a new trend, it's one that has to look just right otherwise you'll get people saying "What was she thinking? It's not 1975."  I for one am very reluctant to actually wear a pair of high waist jeans.  It is something that is either so right, or so wrong (i.e. Jessica Simpson's mom jeans).  Being that I am a relatively curly girl (when it comes to my derriere at least) high waist jeans scare me because it could make me look incredibly bottom heavy.  

I think these work on Kim because they are skinny jeans emphasizing her waist rather than making her look bottom heavy.  The buttons also bring her waist in.

I love the simplicity of this look.  

I love how she paired them with stilettos making the look feminine 

How NOT to do high waist jeans.  This is what I imagine would happen if I wore high waist jeans, but I guess I should give 'em a shot!  

0 comments: