Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Nothing is permanent

It's been awhile, but I'm re-entering the blogging world. I promise to do my best to update this whenever I can!

I have been living and working in the Breckenridge area for 8 months now (can't believe it's been that long), and it has been quite the ride thus far. I'm very blessed to have great job, but it has been an adjustment living in the mountains. Most people move to the mountains because they dream of skiing everyday and living the mountain lifestyle. This season broke all records as far as snowfall is concerned; we had over 500 inches!  I also knew no one when I moved up here, so had to make all new friends (which isn't as easy as one might imagine). Along with all of that, let's throw adjusting to a brand new job into the mix. Although there have been some rough days along the way, I am a strong believer in learning from every single experience.

1. I have learned that I can live on my own, completely independent. I will admit though, when I have questions (like how to bake chicken breast) I call home. But, I'm learning and that's what matters.

2. When I was sad and lonely, I did something about it. Even though it would have been easy to sit on my couch, eat my feelings, and feel sorry for myself, I didn't. I put myself out there and made friends, and they have been great.

3. I also learned that it gets better. It might not seem like it, but eventually things will turn around. Nothing is permanent!

4. Netflix is a girl's best friend (only cause my apartment won't let me have a dog). I found some great shows on instant que. I recommend Brothers and Sisters, Hot in Cleveland, Desperate Housewives.

5. Finally, I've learned that I'm strong and I can handle what life throws at me. As the saying goes, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

0 comments: