Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Kara's Kooking-Sauteed Spinach

I was recently inspired by a fellow blogger to start eating healthier. I was in a rut of mac n' cheese, spaghetti, frozen dinners, take-out etc. The take-out was hurting my wallet, but these habits were also hurting my waist line and my general well being. With my jobs, some weeks it's virtually impossible for me to eat at home, but I'm trying very hard. For instance, last night my friends and I went to happy hour and usually we would eat as well. I had just gone to the grocery store so I said to myself "Wait until you get home to eat." And I did! Anyway, the goal is to try one new item/recipe per week in order to get out of my food rut!

I buy spinach for this pasta dish I make a lot (recipe to come next week), but I always end up throwing most of it out. I'm not a huge fan of spinach salad unless in the mood, so I thought, what else can I do with all this spinach? I decided to try sauteed spinach. I had never tried it, but knew it had to be pretty good since my dad is a fan. I did a little research to get a the general idea of how to make it, and it was simple.

I threw maybe half a tablespoon of olive oil into a pan along with one clove of minced garlic. I let the pan heat up on medium-low and then threw in a couple handfuls of spinach. I just stirred it around a bit until it was wilted. Finally, I sprinkled with a bit of parmesan cheese. Delicious! (For those wondering, I had it with chicken and parmesan risotto.)

The best part about spinach is since it wilts down so much, you get a huge serving of vegetables, even though it seems relatively small.

0 comments: