Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Sunday, June 12, 2011

"I Love You Fake Michael"

For those of you that might not know, I am a huge Michael Jackson fan! His "Dangerous" album was on repeat when I was growing up, and to this day, "Black or White" is quite possibly my favorite song. Well on Friday night, a MJ Tribute show came to Red Rocks and of course I went! The plan was to wear my bedazzled glove that came with my wii MJ Experience game and my fedora, but I forgot the glove at my apartment, and my neighbor didn't want to deal with me and the damn hat flying all over the place because of the wind.

The night started off tailgating at Red Rocks, which was so much fun. We brought sandwiches and a bottle of wine because we like to keep things classy, and thank goodness my friend came prepared with wine glasses and a bottle openers since I of course forgot!

We then began the hike up to the amphitheater, which didn't get to me like most people thanks to living 10,000 feet above sea level. As we made our way with wine in hand, this little boy (dressed to the nines in MJ attire) said to his parents, "They're going to get drunk before they even get inside." It was incredibly adorable, and honestly, we just didn't want to spend $7 for a Coors Light and the wine was delicious (Hob Nob Pinot Noir if you're looking for a great, inexpensive wine).

We took our seats and waited for the show to begin! As soon as the music started we noticed this gentleman in the row in front of us dancing like you wouldn't believe. I haven't even seen anyone dance like that in the club, but he was loving every second. We later came to find out his name was Peter, and his friend was having NONE of his dancing antics. Either way, we found it incredibly entertaining and he really added to the experience!

During one number, "MJ" and his 4 dancers started doing the exact Michael moves, during which I yelled "This is real, this is real." From our vantage point, it really looked like Michael Jackson doing his thing, but he had misplaced his voice. At one quiet moment, much to my friend's delight and embarrassment I yelled "I love you Fake Michael" and it was probably the highlight! The poor lady next to me must have thought I was off my rocker. Nope, just love me some Michael Jackson.

For a lot of people, one thing comes to mind when they hear Michael Jackson's name: freak. Year, they guy was pretty weird and had some issues, but to me, it's pretty apparent that there were some underlying factors that contributed to the choices he made in life. We'll never know teh truth because he was "Gone Too Soon." But, when I hear some of his songs like "Earth Song," "Heal the World," and "Man in the Mirror," it's hard to believe that he did the things he was accused of.

My final point is, people can learn a lot from those afore mentioned songs.



"Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race."

1 comments:

Sig. said...

Yes!!! I love MJ too. Sounds like you had an awesome time.