Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Friday, June 24, 2011

Fashion Friday-Stripes

Not long ago, stripes were a fashion faux-pas because people in the "fashion world" told us that they weren't flattering and they made people look wider than they actually were. Well, stripes are huge right now and I love them. And honestly, I'm one for throwing out fashion rules as long as you feel comfortable in it. I have one striped tank top that I lived in for months, and didn't care if it "made me look fat" because I loved it. If you're someone that does follow fashion rules, but wants to wear stripes, I would recommend thinner stripes because they have a more slimming effect than thicker stripes. Stripes are great for summer because they look so nautical.


This is the shirt I absolutely love! There are so many ways to wear it, but my favorite is with a blazer and jeans.


Some people might say this dress is unflattering and makes her look pregnant, but I would totally rock it.


I love this outfit on so many levels. The color combination is great, and the thin stripes are very slimming.

I love blazers! If you're worried about stripes making you look bigger, then a blazer would be a good alternative. (Don't even get my started on those shoes. To die!)

2 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

Love the stripes! Although I have a big old preggo tummy, I still wear the stripes! Love!

Lisa Lockhart said...

I love Khloe's dress, all of the Kardashians dress so nice. Great post! Btw, check out my blog if you like.

[fashionablyfly.blogspot.com]