Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Friday, June 3, 2011

Fashion Friday- Belts

I absolutely love fashion. Unfortunately, I live in a city (and state for that matter) that doesn't really appreciate fashion. Even if I just wear heels people ask me "What's the special occasion?" Can't a girl just wear a cute pair of shoes without any alterior motives? Part of the problem could be that I'm already 5'9" so to some people, heels might be a bit excessive. Anyway, enough venting. Every Friday I will post something related to fashion. It might be a trend I'm wearing, or could be a trend that I love, but could never pull off.

Right now I am bananas (my ode to a fashion icon, Rachel Zoe) for belted dresses and rompers. I tend to stick to dark, neutral colors, but for this summer I love floral dresses with a brown belt. Living in the mountains it's imperative to always have a cardigan or light jacket with you since its "never summer" here. You could belt the dress and wear the cardigan on top, or put the belt over the cardigan. The best part of belting the dress is that it's flattering on everyone because you place the belt at the smallest part of your waist. I saw this outfit at the J. Crew outlet, but it was way too expensive. I loved this outfit so I took the picture for future inspiration.




I also think belted rompers are fabulous. Unfortunately, my legs are too long to pull off this look. However, I love how this work for Kim Kardashian. Her waist looks SO tiny! (Warning: The Kardashian are my numero uno fashion inspiration so I imagine there will be a lot of pictures of their outfits on here).



My final look is something I could definitely see myself wearing. Like I said, I love wearing dark colors. People always want me to wear my color, but for me dark colors are easy and I feel comfortable, yet sexy in them. Again, the belt makes her waist look itty bitty!

0 comments: