Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Kara's Kooking - Baked Parmesan Tomatoes

This recipe is a tomato lover's dream!  Growing up I hated tomatoes, which I think was based on my Dad's still present hatred of tomatoes, but now I absolutely love them and don't know how I lived without them.  This is a really simple recipe, and you could serve these as a side like I did, or you could have them as a snack.  

Ingredients:

4 tomatoes halved
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil

1. Preheat over to 425
2. Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet.  Top with Parmesan, oregano (I used basil), salt and peppter.  Drizzle with oil and bake until the cheese is golden, about 15 minutes.


Original recipe

0 comments: