Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday!

Awkward:

  • Thinking Wednesday was Thursday.  Seriously, all day long I thought yesterday was today.  And it wasn't.  So here we are.  2 Thursdays in 1 week.  If only I could have 2 Saturdays and 2 Sundays too. 
  • Planking.  I told you about how I lost my "planking virginity" this week.  And you might say, what took you so long.  Well friends, because it is so awkward!  It was first, and probably last planking experience so enjoy it. 
  • The consequences of swimming.  I recently started swimming again cause it's seriously one of the best workouts ever.  Unfortunately it leads to getting water in your ears, and standing there trying to get the water out is not a pretty sight.  I also smell like chlorine all day long.  And then my car smells like chlorine. 
  • Having the person that lives below me come a-knocking.  I thought she was coming to tell me my music was too loud or something.  "No lady, I will not turn down my Disney tunes so beat it."  Actually, she was just coming to see if she had pliers she could borrow.  Which I did.  Which is also a bit awkward since I've never used them in my life! My staple gun is about the only "tool" I use on the regular.
  • Having your boss call you at 7:00p.m. while in the middle of cooking dinner.  I had 2 pots going on the stove while trying to drain my rigatoni.  "If I lose you, it's just cause I dropped my phone in a boiling inferno.  No big deal."  I guess most people would let it go to voicemail, but what if he didn't leave a voicemail?  Then I'd have no idea why he was calling.  And it would drive me crazy.  I stress about random things!
Awesome:
  • My Disney Pandora station.  I mean seriously, is there anything better?  Hakuna Matata people!
  • Losing 4 pounds.  And having someone notice.  And before you go saying "You don't need to love weight" like so many people, save it!  I wasn't trying to lose weight; just trying to tone up.  I've just been eating better and working out more.  
  • Golfing.  Normally I would say I hate golfing.  I'm the person that throws their clubs (ok, not really.  I stick to throwing tennis rackets...over fences...that must be returned by the mailman on the other side...but that's another story).  Anyway, I can say I've been hooked on golf and here's why.  I finally started hitting some really good shots, and it makes me want to hit more good shots and keep getting better!  And seeing as an insane amount of business deals happen on a golf course, I better keep practicing!
  • The Help.  Read the book.  See the movie.  It will change your life!
  • The delicious meal I made last night.  Creamy chicken and rigatoni! And I didn't even drop my phone in the sauce! 

0 comments: