Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

Ready for another installment of Awkward and Awesome Thursday?!

Awkward:

  • Being chosen to be a part of a Colorado Rockies in-game promotion.  I tweeted my seat location to the Rockies and they chose me.  I had no idea what I would be doing.  My first thought was, "ooh maybe I'll get to run across the field and change out 2nd base."  To which my loving father responded, "You better hope that's not it.  You're not the fastest."  Thanks Dad!  It was awkward because they whole game I kept turning around to see if they were coming to get me.  The people behind me must have thought I was crazy.  Then they knew I was crazy after the people came and got me because as I walked up the stairs with them, I tripped.  Yup, tripped up the stairs.  Smooth!  Finally, they decided to tell me the answers beforehand.  Great, right?  No, cause I answered the questions WAY too fast.  Apparently I didn't even let her finish asking one of the questions.  Oops!

  • Wandering aimlessly at Target.  I was literally walking in circles trying to find a fish bowl, a hula hoop, and a yardstick.  None of which they had at Target.  So, to make it more awkward I had to go to Walmart.  I didn't have a choice though because this was for work, and it wasn't my money.  My personal Walmart boycott is alive and well. 
  • Multi-lane round-abouts.  I mean seriously, which lane goes where?  Never fails, I always end up cutting someone off!  Sorry I'm an idiot with round-abouts.
  • Dealing with work email on your day off.  It was such a personal conflict.  Should I answer the email?  But it's my day off?  Yeah, but it will take like 15 minutes.  I answered the email.
  • Twitter fights.  I've only been involved in one it was was pretty intense.  But the other day I saw this guy tweet an athlete something really rude.  Well, said athlete responded with an equally rude and immature comment.  Why even go to that level?  Cringe worthy.
Awesome:

  • Being chosen for the Rockies promo.  I won a flip cam, which was something I had sorta been wanting.  And I had people recognize me on the jumbotron.  A guy my dad works with called my dad to tell him.  (In retrospect that's kinda awkward).
  • 3 Rockies games this season, 3 wins!!  I guess I bring good vibes.
  • Nutella.  Haven't bought it it months because it's so good, but I fell victim to the promotional display.  As a marketing major I should know better!
  • Pumpkin spice lattes.  They are delicious and they signal the start of fall! 
  • Fall weather.  I love curling up with a blanket and hot tea.
  • Long weekends that turn into short work weeks!  I mean seriously, it's already Thursday!!  
  • Adele, Someone Like You.  I already liked this song, but when she performed at the VMAs?  Amazing!  You could feel her emotion.  And I realized it's a song that almost every girl can relate to in some way.  For me, it's like she put the words into my mouth regarding someone I dated a couple years ago.  

0 comments: