Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Kara's Kooking - Arroz Cubano

I had arroz cubano, which translates to Spanish Rice, when I was studying abroad in Spain.  Every Friday (when her grandchildren came over) we had this dish.  This was fine by me because it was delicious!  In Spain, they have a sauce called "Tomate Frito"(translation: fried tomato), and unfortunately there isn't anything similar here in the States.  It was so good my roommate and I contemplated drinking it!  Anyway, when I miss Spain, I make my own version of Arroz Cubano.  It's definitely a dish that sounds weird, but don't knock it til you try it.


All you need is a medium grain rice, 1 egg, and plain tomato sauce.  

Cook the rice according to the package.  Fry up an egg.  Put the rice and egg in a bowl.  Pour tomato sauce on top.  Voila! 


0 comments: