Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

So first of all, sorry I've been M.I.A. lately.  I have been crazy busy with work. I wasn't even going to do Awkward and Awesome Thursday, but luckily I have people that hold me accountable!  So here we go!





Awkward:

  • Broncos fans planning to buy Pro-Tebow billboards in Denver.  I guess it will cost about $10,000 and it probably won't do anything.  News flash, John Fox is the coach, Kyle Orton is the quarterback whether you like it or not.  Deal with it.
  • Girls creeping the Facebook pages of Rockies players' wives, then posting links to some of the Facebook photo albums on Twitter.  That's creeping on a whole other level!  
  • Chili beer.  The other day my friends and I went to the Dillon Dam Brewery because it was "Chili Beer Day" and they only have 1 keg of it.  I know some people love chili beer, but it was just weird.  For the first second it tasted good, then it burned the back of my throat.  I'll stick to Coors Light thank you very much.
  • My company hosted a golf tournament on Friday and I met a lot of cool people, one that I had recognized from previous events.  Well later that night I was working a promo when I saw the same guy.  Naturally I said hi, blah blah blah. On Monday, I went to another golf tournament and saw the guy from the tournament on Friday.  Yeah, definitely was NOT the same guy I saw Friday night.  Wow, I feel like such a weirdo now.
  • Noticing a guy's fly is down and not knowing whether to say anything.  I had just met the guy like 2 days prior and didn't feel like we were on the level that I could tell him his fly was down.  Later, another guy we were with told him, and then I had to admit that I had known too.  Awkward!

Awesome:
  • Playing in my very first golf tournament!  Monday morning I got a call from my boss saying he needed me to play in one of my account's golf tournament.  I was pretty nervous since I'd never played in one, but it was a lot of fun!  I'll take golf over work any day!
  • Avalanche training camp starts this week.  I won't be going cause it will be chaos, but it means that Avs season is right around the corner!  
  • My new Burton vest!  I was at the consignment store with the goal of getting a check for some items I had sold, but then I saw this vest and it spoke to me!  So now I have $0.41 credit at the store.  Whoops! 
  • The Big Bang Theory.  I literally laugh out loud during every episode!
  • My very first Powerball ticket!  The best part, I didn't pay for it.  It was part of the golf tournament.  I was pretty convinced I was going to win so I started imagining what I would do with $25 million.  New house, Range Rover, shopping spree, start a foundation...  But yeah, I didn't win.  What a let down.  No more lotto tickets for me.  

0 comments: