Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Saturday, July 30, 2011

California Girls!

Last week my mom and I took a girls trip to California for a little R&R.  This was my first real vacation since joining the "real world" of a 9-5 full-time job.  We started our trip in Redondo Beach, California, which was a great little town (little being a relative term when talking about California, but alas, it felt little).  While in Redondo, we went to the beach each morning, which was rather disappointing because of the marine layer.  Typically it burns off, but during our stay, the beach was always cloudy and cool.  We also did some shopping and ate some great food.  The first night we ate at a Tapas place, which was great! I also made it a point to go to The Coffee Bean, where I had an Ice-Blended drink that was life changing!  **Remember, I live for coffee .**  Another item on the agenda was In-n-Out, which never disappoints.  Our final night in Redondo we ate at the Redondo Beach Brewing Company where I tried a Blueberry Wheat beer.  I typically don't like wheat beers, but this one was quite possibly my favorite beer ever!!

After a few days in Redondo Beach we headed to Anaheim to see my cousin and her family.  We chose this particular weekend to visit California because Taylor was turning 4!  We were also surprised with Grace's baptism.  It was so great being a a part of family events since my parents and I are the only people out in Colorado.  It was so much fun spending time with these 2 little girls that I absolutely adore!

Me and Grace

My favorite girls!

At the beach!


 At Grace's baptism.

WIth Taylor, the birthday girl!

*P.S. The day my mom and I flew out I got my hair cut.  I was in tears because it was much shorter than I anticipated and not at all what I had asked for.  After a few tweaks with the flat iron, I have grown to like it! 

0 comments: