Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

Hi everyone!  Sorry for the hiatus, but I have been so incredibly busy lately with work and school.  Being a full-time grad student is no joke!  But I wanted to take a break from studying to bring you another edition of A&A Thursday!

Awkward:

  • Woke up to 8 or so inches of snow this morning.  My dad, aka Snow Removal Master is out of town.  Have I ever used a snow blower today?  Nope.  Was it harder than I thought?  Yep.  Was I successful?  Absolutely not.  At least the sidewalk looks good so no one can sue us if they fall.
  • I was out in Boulder the other night and came across some black ice.  I basically slid into an epic fall.  If you're gonna go down, at least make it graceful right?
  • There is this really cute guy that's always on the light rail with me.  Unfortunately, his cuteness went down about 2 points when I saw him wearing white socks with black dress pants and black shoes.  You're not Michael Jackson.
  • The other day my friend and I decided to sprint 2 blocks to catch the light rail so we wouldn't have to wait 15 minutes for another one.  I know, God forbid we wait a few minutes.  Anyway, I thought I was in pretty decent shape.  Nope.  My lungs were on FIRE!  Time to hit the gym...
  • After work a friend and I went to get a drink.  I look across from me and see this guy that I had gone out with a couple times sitting with his new girlfriend.  He then proceeded to chug the remaining half of his beer and sprinted out of the place.  Who knew I had that much power?
  • Running right into a chair in front of a decent amount of people.  I always thought I was pretty coordinated, but the more I think about it, the more I think I'm just kidding myself.  

Awesome:
  • Next week I start coaching high school tennis and couldn't be more excited.  Even though I never really *loved* playing tennis, I have always loved coaching and getting to know the girls.  
  • Chocolate covered Oreos.  Nothing comes close!
  • It's guilty pleasure season in the television department.  Khloe and Lamar, Bethenny Ever After, and Basketball Wives.  Now if only I had time to watch them.
  • I get to watch the Oscars this weekend!  I thought I was going to be busy, but my schedule opened up.  I'm a dork and love the Academy Awards and seeing all the fashion.
  • Something in my life recently played out in a way that tells me the universe just knew it was time for me to move on to the next chapter of my life.  Weird how things truly happen for a reason even if it maybe what you had planned.

0 comments: