Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

Awkward:
  • This week I turned 24 and along the way, suffered a "quarter-life crisis" made much worse by the fact that I've pulled muscles this week I didn't even know existed.  If that's what it means to get older, I surrender!
  • Over the weekend we had a big snow storm.  I had to go into work and thought my Camry could get me there.  Nope, got it stuck in the culdasac for all the neighbors to see.  My dad took me to work, before having to come get me 20 minutes later because they decided to close.  When we pulled into the culdasac, he proceeded to get his AWD car stuck as well.  Look at those crazy Killenbergs going out in a snowstorm!  We ended up with about 2 feet of snow.
  • Falling down the stairs.  Doesn't get much more awkward than that.  Luckily it was at my house, but didn't go unnoticed.  This was definitely the cherry on top of my quarter life crisis.
  • The fact that I am most productive in my pajams.  As soon as I shower and look presentable, all productivity goes out the door.  For whatever reason I feel like I owe it to the world to venture outside.  So until further notice, I'll be living in PJs.
  • Shaun White Stride gum.  It's awkward be cause a) Shaun White's face is on a pack of gum and b) it took me 2 hours to figure out the connection between the flavor "White Mint."  Master's student right here!
Awesome:
  • Over the weekend my parents took me to dinner to celebrate my birthday.  We went to one of my favorite places, The 9th Door.  I love it because it's a Spanish restaurant so I get to eat all the things I miss from Spain like patatas bravas, jamon serrano, Manchego cheese, tortilla espanola, and tinto de verrano.  
  • Yoga.  There is seriously nothing more relaxing!
  • The Fray's new cd Scars and Stories is fantastic.  Did I expect anything less?  Never!
  • I picked up this great clutch from the Jason Wu for Target collection.  I've heard stories about his collection selling out in 7 minutes, but my Target still had lots of items.  
  • The Voice is back!  I have never been a fan of singing shows until this one.  
  • All of my friends that came out on Tuesday to help me celebrate my birthday.  It meant so much to me! 
Me and Kerri.  Truly a life long friend!

High school friends!

 Work friends



0 comments: