Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

Awkward
  • I'm waiting in a very long line at the post office and this girl about my age goes up to the counter and hands the guy her package and says Thanks, have a good one.  The guy behind the counter is all sorts of confused.  Girlfriend didn't know you have to pay for the post office to send your package.  Sorry, but how do you get to be 24 years old and not know this.  It ends with her having to run out to her car to get her purse, making us wait in line even longer.  Side note, pretty sure she was an old friend of mine in elementary school, but wasn't sure and didn't want to fraternize with her after her mail debacle. 
  • When you say Thank you, Have a great day to someone as they're leaving and they totally ignore you and walk out.  Great, yup, talking to myself.  
  • Spending a Saturday night reading "Rafa" in my VAMOS RAFA t-shirt, waiting for his match to begin at 1:30 a.m.  Clearly I'm an old lady sometimes.  I didn't even stay awake til the match.
  • Once in awhile I go crazy and wear bright red lipstick.  Yesterday was one of those days.  I went to Target, bought a couple things, the usual.  Got into my car, looked in the rearview mirror and realized I had lipstick on my teeth.  See, told ya I'm an old lady sometimes!
  • I love when I see people running to catch the Light Rail, even though the train is just chilling because it's not going to leave for another 4 minutes.  But then I get paranoid myself and think, oh my gosh, what if it leaves me?  So then I start power walking to catch the train, which chills for another 3 minutes.
Awesome
  • Watching Riley's paws twitch when he's sleeping.  I have this idea in my head that he's romping around a field.  Do dogs dream?
  • Feeling like a real "city girl" walking through the Theater District on my way to school.  Some of those buildings are beautiful and for a moment, I feel like I'm in New York City.  But clearly a much quieter and cleaner NYC.
  • Finally enjoying tennis again!  After my college tennis days I quit for a couple years because I didn't enjoy it anymore.  Picked up my racket (and some sweet, new, black and pink Babolat shoes) and I'm loving it again.  Now I just need to get back in shape.  

0 comments: