Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

I'm back!  And lucky for you, I started class this week for the Master's degree.  I say lucky for you, because I will be taking the light rail to and from class twice a week, which is bound to give me some great stories!

The past 2 weeks I was very sick with a sinus infection so I wasn't able to get out much.  This awkward and awesome post is a couple of weeks combined into one.


Awkward:

  • It's always awkward when someone from high school comes into the restaurant I work at, but it's even worse when I have to wait on them.  Yup, just waiting tables.  Really living the dream after college graduation.  
  • Kanyo West.  Instead of Kanye, it came out Kanyo.  We officially invented a new rapper: Kanyo East.
  • I recently got in touch with a blast from the past.  Since then, we've been talking about getting together.  He has these ideas of getting together at like 9:00 p.m.  He clearly doesn't know that I'm a grandma and like to be in bed by 11:00.  
  • I finally saw "Bridesmaids."  This is awkward because it took me this long to finally see the damn movie.  It was good, but I gotta say, "Hangover" is better.
  • I was witness to a grown man (I'd say he was about 29 years old) getting lectured by his mother about soda and how bad it is for you.  Soda is the very worst thing for you.  All that high fructose corn syrup...
  • Pulling out Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on the light rail.  Yes I'm 23 years old and reading HP, for the 2nd time.    I won't lie to you, I hid the fact that it was Harry Potter.
  • This kid straight up rapping along with this headphones on the light rail last night.  I feared he was moments away from this.  Please excuse the swear words.

Awesome:
  • I saw my first Cirque de Soleil show a couple weeks ago.  I was so excited to see "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour" but have to admit that it left me wanting more.  
  • Steak and Shake.  I finally ate at the Colorado location.  It was delicious.  Per usual.
  • Exactly one month until pitchers and catchers report to spring training.  Ready for baseball!!
  • This week my parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary!  We celebrated in style at Red Lobster...cause we had a coupon.  
  • The Australian Open is underway, which can only mean one thing.  I'll be living in this t-shirt for the next 2 weeks.  

  • Spur of the moment shopping at Forever 21.  For whatever reason, I decided to run by the mall yesterday and picked up some really cute items like a zebra print "shrug" and a "leather" moto jacket.  








0 comments: