Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

Better late than never right?

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.  We just got back from a great trip to St. Louis, hence the A&A delay.



Awkward:

  • The amount of people at the mall 2 days before Christmas.  I mean really, do people leave their shopping until Christmas Eve?  I was done with my shopping by Thanksgiving.  
  • The constant stream of words like ox, zip, and dove going through my mind due to my recent Scrabble obsession.  
  • The "Chuckie" doll that shows up at family gatherings.  It used to be my Grandmother's, but for whatever reason the family has held on to it.  As I opened my White Elephant present, he was staring back at me.  We tried to leave him, but someone snuck him into my dad's car.  The best part is that my dad found it while rummaging through his backseat late at night looking for an umbrella.

  • Celebrating our Colorado Christmas with Wesley the plumber and Tom the CBS news guy.  Long story short, we open gifts before heading out of town.  That night our water heater went out and needed to be replaced immediately, and the news asked to use our porch for a story about parcel theft.  Needless to say, a Christmas for the books.
Awesome:
  • My new ipad!  I'm loving it and wondering how I lived without it.  I was a skeptic for the longest time wondering why in the world I would need one.  It's great for Twitter, playing Scrabble, and for reading.
  • The Night Circus.  If you're looking for a great book that combines Harry Potter, Water for Elephants and The Hunger Games, this is it.  
  • The Adele cd/dvd that I got in the white elephant gift exchange.  I love her!
  • Harry Potter DVD box set.  I got all 8 movies and can't wait to watch them all again!
  • Being able to celebrate Christmas with my extended family.  I was able to meet 3 new cousins and see everyone else that I wasn't able to see last year.  
  • Finally getting a good family picture!  My mom has been trying to get a good one for probably a year now and we finally got a good one.  


0 comments: