Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

I'm so excited for this week's edition of Awkward and Awesome Thursday.

Awkward:

  • My friend and I were having drinks and catching up about life.  Somehow we started talking about this guy we went to high school with that we didn't even really know.  20 minutes later who walks in?  The guy.  I was going to be awkward (cause last week I promised I would put myself in more awkward situations for the sake of my blog) and go say hi, but realized he would have absolutely no idea who I was.  You went to Mountain Vista right?  So did I.  That's a level of awkward I won't go to. 
  • As my friend and I were leaving, said guy from high school and his friend were getting picked up from the restaurant/bar by his mom.  It'd be 1 thing if it was 1:00 a.m. and you needed a safe ride, but it was 9:00 p.m. and they hadn't even been drinking.  And I'm not here to judge, but seriously, one of you couldn't borrow your parent's car? Then to top it off I hear, "Thanks for picking us up." Again, not judging.
  • The other day, a certain former Colorado Avalanche captain cough Joe Sakic cough came into my place of work.  I tried to act cool about it but I mean come on, the guy is a hockey god!  Anyway, one of my coworkers asked if I could make guacamole for Joe's table.  Seriously? Absolutely! I'd love to.  Oh my gosh, never again!  I literally had to use two hands to place the bowl on his table I was shaking so bad.  I usually make conversation.  Nope, could't do it.  Then, homeboy didn't even say thanks!    
  • I walked into the bank and the lady behind the counter was like, "I really like your outfit."  I said thanks.  Then she says, "I like your sweater.  I like your boots.  I love your accessories."  I say thanks again.  Then she says, "I love it all."  I look up and I ask, "What's the date?"  She tells me, then says "Well I have to go now."  Ok lady, are you that upset I didn't acknowledge your obsession with my great outfit?  
  • I had a laughing fit at physical therapy the other day when my therapist hit the nerve that runs into the funny bone.  It felt like I was being tickled (which is the worst!)  Even though I'm laughing, I hate being tickled.  Then my therapist asked, "Why are you turning red? Are you ok?"  It was torture.
Awesome:
  • I mentioned "Plastic Land" which greets everyone when they enter the neighborhood.  (In middle school, it was humiliating cause we would pass it every day on the bus, but I've since learned to appreciate it.  And have also learned my father would like to pass it on to me one day. Can't handle that responsibility!).  Anyway, the other day, we received a note in our mailbox from an anonymous family telling us how much they love it and look forward to it.  My dad was thrilled and would frame the note if my mother would let him.
There are 13 various figurines like this lined op on our fence
  • Ghirardelli Peppermint bark.  This stuff is delicious and addicting.  
  • Tim freaking Tebow on the People website.  You know you've made it when you're on people.com  Literally just saw he's on the website again today.  Love the guy, but this is getting outta control.  
  • We did a gift exchange at work and my secret santa got me a Colorado Avalanche scarf.  It's amazing and it was such a great gift!  It's so nice when people put thought into a gift.  That's what it's all about!  I went all over the place looking for a University of Nebraska for my gift and the journey was well worth it because she loved her gift!

0 comments: