Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

My apologies for being MIA last week.  Last week was super hectic as I was managing a bathroom remodel while my parent's house and starting a new part-time job.  But anyway, I'm back.

Awkward:

  • Bowling.  I went bowling a couple times and it's just awkward, especially in a "date" type setting.  "It's your turn, k my turn, your turn."  Back and forth, back and forth.  Oh, and let's not talk about the view everyone gets as you go up to bowl.
  • Starting a new job.  I literally feel like I'm walking around like a lost puppy dog.  I don't know anyone, I don't know where I'm going, what I'm doing.  And then, you have to follow someone to "learn the ropes."  Then, even more awkward is when they follow you to make sure you know what you're doing.  Luckily, I've made it through the training and now ready to fly solo this week!
  • Forgetting one of my good friend's birthday (and having her tell me I forgot it).  Oops! Luckily she forgot my birthday too, so now we're even.
  • Running out of the garage because I didn't have the garage door opener.  Our garage has a motion sensor so I had to get out while not triggering it, all while in heels.  It was a quite a show, that some stranger on the street got to enjoy.
  • Wrinkles!  Yes, I have under eye wrinkles and I'm only 23.  Wear your sunnies people! 
  • This article from Fox 31.  Are people really this ignorant about hockey?    
  • Being home alone at night while my parents were out of town.

Awesome:
  • The Avalanche are off to a great start.  Many people picked the Avs to finish last in the league.  The season is still young, but so far they are 5-1, which is better than anyone expected at this point!
  • Book stores.  I went to Tattered Cover the other day and just walked around for hours.  I like to use the library for books because it's cheaper, and it's the "green" alternative to book stores, but I like going to book stores to see which books to add to my ever expanding list of "books to read."
  • The Fray's new single, Heartbeat.  They are my favorite band.  If you haven't seen them live, DO IT! They're incredible.  

  • I made $200 on ebay selling a few things!  Money in the bank!!
  • While I was at Tattered Cover, I picked up a book called "Just One Thing: Developing a Buddha Brain One Simple Practice at a Time."  For some Buddhism is a religion, but I also look at it as a way of life.  And this book is a way for us all to adopt some of their practices like being good to yourself, finding strength, being patient, etc.  There are 52 practices in the book so I plan on focusing on one per week.  The plan is to blog about each one.  (We'll see if that happens, but I'm going to try my best).
  • Another book I really like is "Why Men Love Bitches."  I bought it awhile back, but started reading it again.  The word bitch is used in a "tongue in cheek" sort of way and just tells women to be strong and independent, and stick up for yourself!
  • Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi is dead.  This is such a historic moment for the people of Libya, and the world.  



0 comments: