Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

Finally settled into life back at Casa de J (aka my parents' house) and here with another installment of Awkward and Awesome Thursday. 

Awkward:

  • Telling people I quit my job and moved in with my parents.  You're living at home?  But what are you going to do?  Oh ya know, I just thought I'd mooch off the J's for awhile til they kick me out.  I moved back home to pursue other opportunities like my master's degree.
  • Snooki wannabe at Hacienda.  If I was in downtown Denver at a club this wouldn't be so awkward, but I was at a restaurant in Lone Tree.  
  • My friend and I went to Noodles and Co. for her birthday (we do it big) and she gave them her coupon for a free noodle bowl of your birthday.  She also ordered flatbread, which they don't give you on your birthday (what cheapos).  Anyway, she owed $0.80 so she handed over her debit card.  "You can't use a card for anything under $1."  My friend is like, "Oh, I think I have a quarter.  Wait, no never mind."  "Oh that's ok, don't worry about it."  Take that Noodles and Co! We just took you for 80 cents, what now!
  • After our Noodles, we went to Old Chicago for some celebratory beverages.  I start talking to the bartender (who we happen to know) and I'm trying to be discreet about the conversation we're having.  Out of nowhere, this dude a few seats away interjects into the conversation.  I'm sorry sir, I'm not talking to you.
  • Seeing a guy from my 8th grade class that I literally haven't seen since the 8th grade.  He was one of the most popular kids so naturally I knew exactly who he was, but I tried to play it off like "Didn't you go to MRMS?"  And he goes yeah, I thought your looked familiar.  What's your name?  Yeah right I look familiar, you're probably just being nice.  Whatever.
Awesome:
  • Mac MatchMaster foundation.  I just bought it a couple days ago and so far, I love it!  Highly recommend it, and definitely worth the money.  
  • Getting accepted to graduate school.  I got into the CU Denver Masters of Management program and would like to get a specialization in sustainability.  I also landed a part-time job!
  • The Avs season starts Saturday!  And they're retiring Forsberg's number.  When Sakic retired, I maybe got a little misty-eyed.  I think I'll be alright with Forsberg since he hasn't really played in years.  
  • Being able to celebrate my friend's 25th birthday with her.  Wouldn't have been able to do that if I was still in the  mountains.  Friend, I love you and don't worry about being halfway to 50.  Life happens the way it's supposed to and I know that the universe has something amazing planned for you!  

0 comments: