Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

I feel like I have so much to do today, but I made sure to pencil in "Blog" on my to-do list!

Awkward:

  • Having to put my blog on my "to-do" list.  I'm OCD with lists.  I've been known to make lists of lists.  
  • My mother's aversion to potato chips when eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  According to her "they just don't go together," but if she's eating a turkey sandwich, pass the chips.  She's the queen of "rules" when it comes to what goes together and what doesn't.  
  • Last weekend I was at Dave and Buster's for a blind date.  (Luckily a friend was setting me up so she and her boyfriend were there, but nonetheless, awkward).  As I was waiting to meet him, this girls waves at me.  I looked at her with confusion, and may have said out loud, "I don't think you know me."  Ummm, yeah, it was one of my good friend's sisters that I have gone out with multiple times.  Oops!  In my defense I was very preoccupied.  
  • While at Dave and Buster's we saw this guy (in very tight pants) stretching in order to get ready to play a dancing game.  
  • My friend getting "hit on" literally.  This guy turned to my friend, asked her what her name was, blah blah blah.  Then 15 minutes later, he hit her on the arm to get her attention and said "Sorry for hitting on you earlier."  He hit her again and said, "now I'm really hitting on you."  The really awkward part is that he was an otherwise good looking guy.  
  • The other night I was waiting on a table that was on a first date.  In the beginning, it was clearly not going well as she was on her cell phone and he was on his ipad (which had a stand and one of the roll-up keyboards).  I also caught her texting under the table like she was 15, probably telling her friends she didn't need an escape route.  Eventually things turned around for them since they stayed for 3 hours!
Awesome:
  • Laughing til you cry.  I mean I was literally crying.  Is is awkward that I was laughing that hard at my own joke?  
  • J.R. Martinez.  If you don't watch Dancing with the Stars, well you should so you can see J.R.  He was in a Humvee accident while serving in Iraq, and sustained burns on 40% of his body.  He was then cast in All My Children. He is a real life hero that is so inspirational!  And a great dancer to boot!
  • H&M is officially OPEN in Denver, CO!!  I guess people started lining up last night for the grand opening.  Don't get my wrong, H&M is great, but no way am I dealing with the crowds.  I'll wait a few weeks.
  • Rick Perry forgetting the 3rd component of his economic plan during the debate last night.  I have no words other than HA HA HA!!!

0 comments: