Search My Kronicles

About Me

Followers

Monday, September 29, 2008

Barack and Roll

On Tuesday, September 16th, Paige and I went to Colorado School of Mines to see Presidential candidate Barack Obama speak! We had to leave at 6:00am in order to get in line, but it was worth it cause we had great seats! Actually, it was pretty amazing that we were able to "get" Paige a ticket. (The weekend before the event, I stood in line to get tickets to the event. Unforunately, we were each only alotted 1 ticket, which meant I didn't get one for Paige. Being the resourceful person that I am, I went to a scrapbook store and was able to find the exact same paper that the tickets were printed on. Yeah, I lied, but it was so worth it, and we only took up one seat between the two of us lol). When we got inside, everyone was sitting, and then people began chanting, some lady sang the national anthem from her seat, and random people told everyone why they were voting for Obama. Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper and Governor Bill Ritter each spoke. When Obama came onto the stage, Paige and I started jumping up and down, screaming and I lost it and started bawling. I really feel like Obama cares about each and every American and really wants to make this country better for us all. As cheesy as it sounds, it really was a life changing experience. It inspired me and gave me hope. I believe that our country can be great!

Me and Paige with the stage in the background

Barack Obama giving his speech
Waving in our direction!

0 comments: